IUGG co-sponsors science education events at ICTP
Since 2012 IUGG awards annually grants to support science education events (workshops and training schools) organized by the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP, Trieste, Italy) in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between IUGG and ICTP signed in 2011 and extended in 2015 and 2019 (see "IUGG and ICTP Agreement")
The following activities have been sponsored by IUGG:
- Public Health and Water Resources - Adaptation to Climate Change in the Eastern Mediterranean, Trieste, Italy, 27-29 January 2020
- The Coastal Ocean Environment Summer School in Ghana 2020, Legon, Ghana, 13-19 July 2020
- 3rd Summer School on Theory, Mechanisms and Hierarchical Modeling of Climate Dynamics: Tropical Oceans, ENSO, and their teleconnections, Trieste, Italy, 3-14 August 2020
- African Workshop on GNSS and Space Weather, Rabat, Morocco, 5-16 October 2020
- Impact and Risk Relevant Climate Information from Global Scale Projections to Local Scale Climate Hazards, Trieste, Italy, 9-13 November 2020
- Conference on Regional Climate Modeling and Extreme Events over South America: results from the CORDEX-Flagship Pilot Study, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 17-19 November 2020
- International Space Weather Initiative Workshop, Trieste, Italy, 20-24 May 2019
- Workshop on Water Resources in Developing Countries, Trieste, Italy, 27 May - 7 June 2019
- Advanced School on Evaluating, Monitoring and Communicating Volcanic and Seismic Hazards in Sub-Saharan Africa, Kigali, Rwanda, June 2019
- Advanced School on American Monsoons - Progress and Future Plans, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 19-23 August 2019
- Advanced Workshop on Earthquake Fault Mechanics, Trieste, Italy, 2-14 September 2019
- Workshop on Distilling Climate Information for Sectoral Applications, Manila, Philippines, 2-6 December 2019
- Integrated Environmental Health Impact Assessment (IEHIA) on Air Pollution and Climate Change in Mediterranean Areas, Trieste, Italy, 23-27 April 2018
- Joint Summer School on Sustainable Development: Integrated Modelling Tools for Climate, Land Use, Energy and Water (CLEW) Strategies, Trieste, Italy, 4-29 June 2018
- Summer School in Seismology and Tectonic Geodesy, Tunisia
- ICTP Summer School on Theory, Mechanisms and Hierarchical Modelling of Climate Dynamics: Multiple Equilibria in the Climate System, Trieste, Italy, 25 June - 5 July 2018
- The Coastal Ocean Environment Summer School, Ghana, 30 July - 5 August 2018
- Second Advanced School on Regional Climate Modeling and Extreme Events over South America, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Conference on the Science of Climate Change: a focus on Central America and the Caribbean Islands, Antigua, Guatemala, 23-25 January
- Extended Workshop on Space Weather Effects on GNSS Operations, Trieste, Italy, 22 May-2 June
- Fourth Workshop on Water Resources in Developing Countries: Hydroclimate Modeling and Analysis Tools, Trieste, Italy, 12-23 June
- ICTP-Rwanda Joint School on Subseasonal to Seasonal Weather and Climate Prediction, Kigali, Rwanda, 4-8 September
- Workshop-Conference on Near-Fault Observations and Models for Earthquake Hazard Assessment, Trieste, Italy, 10-13 October
- Workshop-Conference on Earthquake and Tsunami Hazards in Vietnam and Surroundings from Theory to Applications, Hanoi, Vietnam, December
- Joint ICTP-Trieste/ICTP-SAIFR Advanced School on Regional Climate Modeling over South America, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 15-19 February
- Eighth ICTP Workshop on the Theory and Use of Regional Climate Models, ICTP, Italy, 23 May - 3 June
- Earth System Physics: Summer School on Aerosol-Cloud Interactions, ICTP, Italy, 27 June - 1 July
- Earth System Modelling School, Pune, India, 18-29 July
- School on Recent Advances in Analysis of Multivariate Ecological Data: Theory and Practice, ICTP, Italy, 24-28 October
- Second Workshop on Climate Change, Variability and Modeling over Central America and Mexico, Costa Rica, 7-11 November
- Workshop on Ionospheric effects on SBAS and GBAS applications at Low Latitudes, ICTP, Italy, 2-13 March
- School on Ocean Climate Modelling: Physical and Biogeochemical Dynamics of Semi-enclosed Seas, Ankara, Turkey, 7-15 September
- Workshop on Earthquakes in the Zagros-Makran region: from Mechanics to Mitigation, Tehran, Iran, 21-31 May
- Third Workshop on Water Resources in Developing Countries: Planning and Management in Face of Hydroclimatological Extremes and Variability, ICTP, Italy, 27 April – 8 May
- Workshop on Modelling of Wildfires and their Environmental Impacts, ICTP, Italy, 22-26 June
- Workshop on Uncertainty Quantification in Climate Modeling and Projection, ICTP, Italy, 13-17 July
- International School on Geothermal Exploration, ICTP, Italy, 7-12 December
- Seventh ICTP Workshop on the Theory and Use of Regional Climate Models, ICTP, Italy, 12-23 May
- Workshop on Geophysical Monitoring and Modeling for Sustainable Energy and Geohazard Solutions, Arusha, United Republic of Tanzania, 22 June-5 July
- African School on the Impact of the Sun on Ionosphere: Physics and Applications, Kigali, Rwanda, 1-12 July
- Summer School on Attribution and Prediction of Extreme Events, ICTP, Italy, 21 July-1 August
- School on Solar Variability and Its Impact on Climate, ICTP, Italy,13-17 October
- Advanced Workshop and School on Megathrust Earthquakes and Tsunamis, ICTP, Italy,13-25 October
- Workshop on Mathematical Models of Climate Variability, Environmental Change and Infectious Diseases, 29 April - 10 May.
- Workshop on Water Resources in Developing Countries: Planning and Management in a Climate Change Scenario, 6 - 17 May.
- Workshop on GNSS Data Application to Low Latitude Ionospheric Research, 6 - 17 May.
- Synthetic Aperture Radar: A Global Solution for Monitoring Geological Disasters, 2 - 6 September.
- Fundamentals of Ocean Climate Modelling at Global and Regional Scales, 30 June - 1 September (two weeks), Hyderabad, India.
- Earthquake and Tsunami Risk Reduction: Bridging Education, Research and Communication for a Better Preparedness, 7 - 18 October, Morocco.
- Workshop on Science Applications of GNSS in Developing Countries, 11-27 April.
- Workshop on Atmospheric Deposition: Processes and Environmental Impacts, 21-25 May.
- Targeted Training Activity: El Nino Southern Oscillation Monsoon in the Current and Future Climate, 30 July - 10 August.
- Workshop on the Cooperative Experience for Integrating Land and Water Resources Management in Latin America, Maceio, Brazil, 13-17 August.
- Workshop on Geophysical Data Analysis and Assimilation, 29 October - 3 November.